Izmir Metropolitan Municipality continues its efforts to renew the vehicle and pedestrian bridges on the streams that were destroyed due to heavy rains in many districts of the city. The Metropolitan Municipality, which has completed the tender process to renew 9 more highway bridges in 14 districts, is starting an investment of 114 million lira in the coming days. With the new vehicle bridges, the diameters of which will be built to reduce the risk of flooding, both vehicles and pedestrians will be provided with safe and comfortable transportation.
Work continues in line with the goal of Izmir Metropolitan Mayor Tunç Soyer to make the city resilient. The Metropolitan Municipality, which takes precautions against possible floods with the effect of the climate crisis, is also renewing the vehicle and pedestrian bridges over the stream. Izmir Metropolitan Municipality Bayindir, Bayraklıcompleted the tender process for the renewal of 14 highway bridges in Kiraz, Seferihisar, Kemalpaşa, Güzelbahçe, Kınık, Menderes and Torbalı. The works, which will cost 114 million liras, will begin in the coming days and will be completed in a year.
We will work in close to 70 points
Stating that they have accelerated their investments to strengthen the urban infrastructure in troubled areas, President Tunç Soyer said, “In this context, we will build vehicle and pedestrian bridges at nearly 400 points with an investment of approximately 70 million liras. Thanks to the culverts that we have enlarged in diameter, the flow of the streams will be relieved, we will both prevent floods and provide safe and comfortable transportation for our citizens.
Bridges are widening, paving is being built
Izmir Metropolitan Municipality is building new vehicle bridges in the creeks that cannot be made culverts. Road bridges over the stream prepared by the Department of Transportation are calculated and designed according to the 100 and 500 year flow rates of the streams. Some of the highway bridges are being widened. With the pavements, the passage of both pedestrians and vehicles is made safe.
What has been done so far?
In the last 3 years, 3 highway bridges and 13 culverts suitable for vehicle passage were built by the Izmir Metropolitan Municipality. Works on 2 highway bridges, 2 culverts and 2 pedestrian bridges continue. Torbalı Muscovite Stream Highway Bridge, Dikili Bademli Neighborhood Highway Bridge and Vezirağa Highway Bridge over Yeşildere have been completed. 13 culvert bridges, especially Gaziemir, Karabağlar, Balçova, Menderes and Urla, have been made suitable for vehicle passage. The road bridges in Menemen Hasanlar and Bergama Fevzipaşa Neighborhood, 2 pedestrian bridges in Seferihisar, and a culvert in Urla and Karabağlar are continuing.
Which bridges will be renewed in which district?
- A pavement will be created for pedestrians, and the width and length of the bridge will increase on the highway bridge that will connect Hasköy District to Governor Kazım Dirik Street on the Küçük Menderes River in Bayındır.
- Bayraklı The width of the highway bridge connecting Akın Kıvanç Street and 7312 Street on Yamanlar Creek will be increased to 15,5 meters. A 2,5-meter pavement will be created on both sides of the bridge.
- The width of the highway bridge in Güzelbahçe Yelki will be increased from 6 meters to 12 meters, and its length will be increased from 15 meters to 30 meters.
- The width of Taşlıyol Cluster Houses Yolu Highway Bridge in Kemalpaşa will be increased from 6 meters to 12 meters and a 2 meter wide pavement will be built on both sides of the bridge.
- The width of the highway bridge in Kınık Kocaömerli locality will be increased from 6 meters to 12 meters, and its length will be increased from 30 meters to 61 meters, and a pavement of 2 meters will be created on both sides of the bridge.
- The single-lane highway bridge connecting Kınık Örtülü District and Karadere District will be opened to double-lane vehicle traffic for departure and arrival. Its width will be increased from 4 meters to 13,5 meters, and its length will be increased from 12 meters to 13,5 meters.
- The width of the highway bridge, which is 5 meters wide and 18 meters long, connecting Kiraz Suludere Mahallesi to Çanakçı road, will be increased to 12 meters and its length to 21 meters. A 2-meter pavement will be created on both sides of the bridge for pedestrians.
- A 6-meter-wide, 20-meter-long highway bridge will be built in place of the Menderes Akçaköy Mahallesi Bridge, which is 16 meters wide and 26 meters long. There will be pavements in both directions with a length of 2 meters.
- The creek crossing over Sarıçay, which provides transportation between Menderes Develi Mahallesi and production areas, will serve as a highway bridge. The new highway bridge will be 12 meters wide and 55 meters long.
- The 20-meter-long highway bridge connecting Kavakdere District and Beyler District-Orhanlı District in Seferihisar will be renewed and its width will be increased to 12 meters and its length to 21 meters. A 2-meter pavement will be built on both sides of the bridge.
- The width of the 20-meter-long highway bridge, which connects the Orhanlı and Gümüldür neighborhoods, will increase to 12 meters and its length to 24 meters. Two meters of pavement will be built on both sides of the road.
The width of the 19-meter-long, 4-meter-wide Seferihisar Ulamış Mahallesi Okul Caddesi highway bridge will increase to 14,5 meters and its length to 21 meters. There will be a three-meter pavement on both sides of the road.
- The single-lane Yeni Mahalle Highway Bridge on the Torbalı-Aslanlar road will be rebuilt as a double lane for arrival and departure. With the pavement arrangements, the width will be increased to 14 meters and the length to 31 meters.
- A three-meter-long sidewalk and a median refuge will be built on both sides of the Doğan Bursalıoğlu Street highway bridge in Torbalı Muratbey Mahallesi, which is 40 meters long and 6 meters wide. The width of the bridge will be increased to 22 meters and the length will be increased to 55 meters.