Test drives began on the longest railway line in Africa: the test drive began, which brought Ethiopia together with the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden. The railway line connecting Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa, the capital of Djibouti and the port city of Djibouti was opened with a ceremony at Djibouti's Nagad Railway Station. large number of guests attended.
Ethiopia's connection to the Gulf of Aden and the Red Sea was also facilitated thanks to the opening of the Ethiopian section in October. The new line will take approximately 10 hours to reach the Port of Djibouti from Addis Ababa. The line is planned to be put into service in the coming months.
The project, which is the longest railway route in Africa, is expected to improve economic relations between East African countries. The fact that Ethiopia imports and exports its 90 over Djibouti Port makes the line also important for the country.
In total, the 756-wide rail network was built by Chinese CREC and CCECC. 3,4, the first electric rail in Africa, costing about 70 billion dollars, was met by China Exim Bank.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Related Transportation News
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- The longest and most electrically operated railway in Africa 06/10/2016 The longest and most electrically-powered railway in Africa: the railway line connecting Addis Ababa, the capital of Djibouti and the port city was opened. The rail line connecting Ethiopia's capital, Addis Ababa, to the capital and port city of Djibouti was opened. The first longest and most electrically-powered rail line in Africa was opened by Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn and Djibouti President Ismail Omer Gulle. At the ceremony held in Addis Ababa, Desalegn said that the line would carry economic and cultural relations between the two countries and said, "Access to Djibouti port from Addis Ababa had a weekly journey."
- Test Drive in Baku-Tbilisi-Kars Railway Project 1 Starts in January 09/11/2016 Test Drive in Baku-Tbilisi-Kars Railway Project 1 Starts in January: 1 Traveling time between Asia and Europe with the completion of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars (BTK) Railway Project, which will begin test drives in January The efforts for the completion of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars (BTK) Railway Project, which is a division of the network, have accelerated. The project, which is planned to be implemented by the end of the year, will bring the products in Asia to Europe. The Baku-Tbilisi-Kars (BTK) Railway Project of the 15 kilometer starting from the capital of Azerbaijan, Baku, passing through Georgia's Tbilisi and Ahilkelek cities to Kars'
- Karatas-Ibrahim tram line test drives started | Gaziantep 11/12/2013 Karatas-Ibrahim tramway test test began: Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality, the construction of the lightweight rail system in Karatas-Ibrahimli began a month ago, the end of the work has been reached. The test route is expected to carry passengers within one month. Karatas-Ibrahimli tram line, which has 10 kilometers, will serve on Bahriye Üçok Boulevard, Karstad Boulevard, Muhsin Yazıcıoğlu Boulevard, Ali Ihsan Göğüş Boulevard, Hasan Celal Güzel Street, Hoca Ahmet Yesevi Street, Kamuran Yılmaz Street and 5,5. On the Karataş-Ibrahimli line, which will be in service as the 14 stage in Gaziantep, 3 wagon imli
- Bursaray Kestel line test drives started (Photo Gallery) 11/03/2014 Bursaray Kestel test began in the line: Bursa Metropolitan Municipality has started the test drive at the first four stations of the Bursaray Kestel Line. The newly opened Mimar Sinan-Orhangazi University, Hacıvat, Şirinevler and Otosansit stations participating in a test drive between the Metropolitan Mayor Recep Altepe, said the test will start the journey in the next days, he said. Since Arabayatağı station 8 binxnumx meters from arrival to departure line forms the first 100 station 4 thousand 5 meter Architects Sinan- Orhangazi University, Hacıvat, Şirinevler and Otosansit the first test drive began between stations Metropolitan Mayor Recep Altepe also attended. Not wasting time Zaman
- Yenimahalle-Şentepe ropeway line test drives started 20/03/2014 Yenimahalle-Şentepe cable car line testing began driving: Ankara Metropolitan Mayor Melih, "We said we will give Turkey's first underground cable car linked to the Şentepe and we kept our promise," he said. Yenimahalle-Şentepe cable car test drives started. Speaking at the ceremony held at the Yunus Emre Square, Ankara Metropolitan Mayor Melih, "We said we will give Turkey's first underground cable car linked to the Şentepe and we kept our promise," he said. 6 said the cable car is going to do 15 day test drive from now on. Gokcek, the first stage of the ropeway consisting of two stages took approximately 6,5 minutes and consists of three stops, iki
- Test Trains in Strasburg Tram Line in France Started 29/01/2016 Tests in Strasbourg Tramway Test in France Started: Test drives on the tram line in the city of Strasburg, France, were launched in January at 14. After the end of the test, 1,7 km will be in service between İllkirch and Graffenstaden. Another study in Strasbourg is the extension of the urban line D to 3,9 km. This line, which has been constructed by Alstom, is planned to be opened in April. Alstom's Citadis trams will be used on new lines. 2014 12 ordered the Citadis trams to be delivered in next summer. In addition to these, Alstom also electrifies in two lines.
- Test Trays on Newly Constructed Trams in Slovakia 21/02/2016 Test Drive on the New Tram Line in Slovakia Begins: The test runs of the tram line, which will increase the city rail system in Bratislava, Slovakia, began in February. There are even 16 stations with a length of 2,4 km and there are double rails on most parts of the line. The opened line starts from Safarikovo Namesti in the south of Bratislava and passes through the 3 meter Old Bridge bridge. The construction of the line started in December of 460. The total cost of 2013 million euros, the total cost of 76,8 million euros was met by the European Union fund. After the end of the test runs on the new line, the line will start next yeni
- Karsiyaka tram line test drives started 27/12/2016 Izmir Metropolitan Municipality, Karsiyaka Scaffolding-Mavişehir between the 8.83 stop on the 14 stall as a planned tram line April 2015 began to work on the rail. There was a surprise development, and the test began yesterday. In the scope of ıy Konak and Karsiyaka Trams Project ”, which was started to be constructed in order to increase comfort in public transportation and to diversify the environmentally friendly transportation, İzmir Metropolitan Municipality had a surprise development while planning the first trial expedition 28 in December. Within the framework of the construction works carried out by the Sub-provincial and Rail System Investments Department, for the test trips between the Mavişehir and Bostanlı Bridge on the Karşıyaka tram line iy
- Jidde-Mecca-Medina high-speed train line test drive began 27/01/2017 Jidde-Medina high-speed train line test drives began: Jeddah - Mecca - Medina high-speed train project began construction of the test began 2013'de. The train, which can speed up to 330 km per hour, will be used to reduce traffic especially during the pilgrimage season. In 2013, President of Saudi Railways Organization. Cubara's 4 announced the Jeddah-Mecca-Medina high-speed train project, which will last for a year and cost 8 billion dollars. The Harameyn high-speed train project was awarded to the Saudi-Spanish Al-Shalya consortium after the tender. Jeddah - Mecca - Medina between the 160 thousand passengers, which will carry a high-speed train line in the 450 km ke
- Test Drive on OMU Campus Line 23/11/2018 Test drives started on the Samsun light rail system campus line, which was laid on the campus of Ondokuz Mayıs University (OMU) campus. Construction work started in 2017 in order to enter the rail system line coming to OMU Kurupelit Campus entrance. The OMU campus line, whose construction work continues rapidly, has come to an end. After the completion of the studies, Samsun Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Zihni Sahin, said the trams would go up to the university campus. Students had to change the means to go to the university before, the trains of the university after walking around the tram to another vehicle and they said they were very happy not to waste time. 130 ...