In the UK, the Govia Thameslink Railway railway company was fined £ 2016 million (24 million TL) in August 1, blaming an 7-year-old Simon Brown to stretch his head from the train window.
The court decided to pay compensation to Simon Brown's family, who died at Gatwick Express from Gatwick Airport to Victoria Railway Station in London.
The judge of the court, warned that the train should not hang from the window, but lost among the other announcements, the company is not in the right place for the 1 million pounds (7 million TL) said the fine. The GTR company will also pay about 65 thousand dollars for court expenses.
The railway company, Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR), admitted at the hearing in May that it had violated general safety measures because it did not display the warning that the window would not hang out of the window, and was instructed to review the warnings on the trains.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Related Transport Technology News
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- HGS Transition Violation Inquiry | Traffic Penalty Inquiry | HGS Balance Inquiry | Vehicle Inquiry 15/08/2014 HGS Transition Violation Inquiry | Traffic Penalty Inquiry | HGS Balance Inquiry | Vehicle Inquiry: HGS has been designed and implemented as an automatic rapid access system for bridges and highways. After OGS and KGS trials, the desired yield from KGS was discontinued. OGS is still in practice and is in the service of our citizens together with HGS (fast transition system). HGS balance can be done through the PTT branches, as well as the automatic payment order can be made through many banks can be made by loading. However, HGS or OGS balances in the drivers who are not enough credit are making illegal passes. Based on these violations of the transgressions bağlı
- Giving discussed 100 million pounds for the high-speed train in Turkey in the Great Britain 16/02/2013 In the Great Britain discussed granting 100 million pounds for the fast train to Turkey English Express newspaper, the EU by the Istanbul-Ankara a grant 100 amounting to million pound high-speed rail project provided the sharply criticizing the grant, aimed at changing the idea of Turkish people opposed to EU membership "huge cash bribes," as it appears that he suggested. European Union of financial support to Turkey, continues to cause reactions in some EU circles. British newspaper Express, Brussels, Istanbul and Ankara to give a grant in the amount 100 million pounds for the high-speed train project is deciding sharply criticized "Turkey is madness to give this huge cash bribes," he claimed. Express newspaper, in the EU Express
- A Farmer in India Sues Railway Company Wins Train 20/03/2017 A Farmer in India Sues Railway Company Claims A farmer from India's Punjab province, Singh Samputan, has won a suit for damages to Indian Railways. When the railroad failed to pay his debt, he gave the farmer a passenger train. Indian couple Samputan, 2 sold land for construction of railways to Indian Railways company years ago. The company did not pay 150 thousand dollars (10 million rupees) for the land it took, Samputan opened a case against the company. 2, which was opened after the company stated that it did not have enough money to pay this amount. the case, the court company's passenger train Samputan'a dav
- Arinc to Bursa Cable Car Company 12/01/2015 Arınç'tan Bursa Cable Car Company Brush: Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc, the AK Party provincial congress in his speech to foreigners in the high-speed response to the application of the cable car showed. Bursa Metropolitan Municipality succeeded in a very big project, and the ropeway project was built by Recep Altepe, the chairman, with build-operate-transfer model. 26 million Euro project. Now the hotels reached out to the area. Thousands of people are moving. There's a complaint. Applying a separate price to the local and foreign on the lift is ugly and unbecoming. It must be the only price. This company should not increase prices. Our president remembers their ears, I hope. It is a company. I have to respect him. If Kuwait is 50, Bursalı eyt
- Rayır Travers Factory in Etiyopada 11/03/2015 The Rayton Traverse Factory of Yapıray Company In Ethiopia: 18 workers from the Rayton Traverse factory, which is owned by Yapıray, a company of Yapıray Holding, was sent off with prayers to establish and operate the same holding factory in Ethiopia. 18 workers from the Rayton Traverse factory, which is owned by Yapıray Company of Yapıray, was sent off with prayers to establish and operate the Ethiopian factory of the same holding. The work will be built as a single-line 389 long-line line. The Awash-Kombolcha-Hara Gebaya Railway Project will start from the northeast of Awash and continue north and reach the city of Weldia via Kombolcha. In addition to its contribution to passenger and freight traffic, Djibouti Yolcu
- London's Night Metro to Earn Billions of Pounds in the Economy 17/08/2016 In London, the night underground will cost billions of dollars to the economy: In London, the capital of England, 19 The night-time flights that start on two evenings from Friday to Friday are expected to contribute a total of 15 billion pounds to the national economy in the coming 5,4 year. 153, the world's first metro, 19, will be available on 24 for two hours on weekends (Central & Victoria). In the autumn months, the expansion of the 5 line (Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly) is planned at night. Every year around 18,6 million foreign tourists ise
- Death sentence to the right arm of the former Chinese Railway Minister 18/10/2014 The death penalty for China's former Railway Minister's right: the "unbearable" of corruption in China. Zhang Shuguang, the right hand of former Minister of Railroads Liu Zhijun, who had previously been sentenced to death, was also sentenced to death. The court in Beijing this morning sentenced Zhang, who was arrested at 2012, to two years postponement of bribing 47,55 million yuan (7,76 million dollars). The former head of the Transport Bureau under the Ministry of Railways and Chief Engineer, Zhang, was admitted to accept the crime. Former railways Minister Liu has also been in charge of 64,4 lem
- Governor Harput talked about Bursa-yenişehir YHT Line Neglected for years 05/12/2012 Governor Harput Bursa-Yenisehir YHT Line Neglected for years will cost 393 Million Lira, he said. Bursa Governor Sahabettin Harput, "one of the giant investments of our country Bursa-Yenisehir YHT line, has been neglected for years and 393 trillion auction was made," he said. Harput, Bursa-Yenisehir YHT line tunnel studies on the site, will be constructed within the scope of the 12 tunnel to be constructed within the scope of the 7 is a devoted work, he said. Harput pointed out that Bursa will be an attractive and suitable city in every respect when the high-speed train is activated: em Bursa-Yenişehir YHT line, which is one of the giant investments of our country, has been neglected for years Yüksek
- Suspicion of Neglect in Deathly Train Accidents 23/04/2015 Suspicion of Negligible Train Accidents: A truck driver who brought olives from Balıkesir to Adana was killed by a train at a level crossing. The driver of the company to which the driver was attached said that the barriers were open at that moment. The accident took place in Hacı Sabancı Organized Industrial Zone, which is located in Sarıçam district before 2 days ago. Üzeyr Melik (55) 10 H 8650 set out to come to Adana by loading olives from Balıkesir to the truck. Melik entered Adana in the morning and entered the Haci Sabanci Organized Industrial Zone at 05.00. Melik wants to pass through the level crossing at the entrance of the industrial zone, allegedly for the future of the train M
- Big Tramway in Samsun Tram 24/04/2017 Biggest negligence in Samsun Tram: Every day in Samsun, thousands of people were traveling on the tram. The question of whether there are other shortcomings on the trams that provide transportation are also considered. In Samsun, thousands of people are using the vehicle or short-term travel for the citizens of the trams do not run away. The fire tube of the tram that is attached to our lens is not in place. This remarkable situation brings to mind the question of how and with what if a fire occurred in the tram. Who is supervising the tram and how? What kind of action is taken in case of accidents? Or pretexts instead of precaution Yoksa