The art director is responsible for creating the visual style and image of magazine, newspaper, film or television productions. Creates the overall design, edits or directs the units that develop the artworks.
What Does an Art Director Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
- Determining how a concept can best be represented visually,
- deciding which photography, art or other design elements to use
- Enhance the overall look of a publication, advertising campaign, theater, television or movie set.
- Supervising the design team,
- Examining pictures, photographs and graphics developed by other personnel,
- Communicating with clients to develop an artistic approach and style,
- Working in coordination with other artistic and creative departments,
- Developing detailed budgets and timelines,
- To comply with the deadline of the work,
- Presenting the final designs to the client for approval.
How to Become an Art Director?
There is no formal educational requirement to become an art director. It is possible to step into the profession by graduating from related departments of universities such as Fine Arts Faculties and Graphic Design.
Artistic Director's Required Qualities
The art director is primarily expected to have intellectual accumulation and creative thinking ability. Other qualifications of professional professionals can be grouped under the following headings;
- To have communication skills to understand team ideas and customers' requests for advertising, broadcast or movie sets,
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to tailoring ideas to customers' needs,
- Ability to generate interesting and innovative ideas for developing advertising campaign, set design or layout options,
- To have leadership qualities that can organize, direct and motivate the creative team,
- Having a keen eye to notice visual details,
- Demonstrate organizational ability to manage multi-task projects.
- Mastering design programs.
Artistic Director Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work in and the average salaries of those working in the Art Director position are the lowest 6.950 TL, the average 12.070 TL, the highest 24.770 TL.