A tax inspector is a public official responsible for calculating the tax liabilities of businesses and individuals, checking tax returns and identifying tax evasion.
What Does a Tax Inspector Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The main duty of the tax inspector, serving under the Ministry of Finance, is to make sure that individuals and business enterprises pay the right amount of tax within the stipulated periods. Other responsibilities of professional professionals can be grouped under the following headings;
- Providing expert advice on taxation issues to companies, partnerships and individuals,
- Detecting potential fraud incidents through investigations and writing reports,
- Examining taxpayers and creating reports,
- Investigating tax evasion acts,
- Examining complaints and notices about tax evasion and false declaration,
- Supervising the work of executive and bankruptcy office officers,
- To carry out inspection duties assigned to him by the Ministry.
How to Become a Tax Inspector?
To become a tax inspector, it is necessary to fulfill the following requirements;
- To graduate with at least a bachelor's degree from the Faculties of Law, Business, Political Sciences, Economics, Economics and Administrative Sciences or Industrial Engineering and Management Engineering Departments, which provide four-year education,
- Obtaining the exam grade specified by the Ministry of Finance in the Public Personnel Selection Examination,
- To be under the age of 35 on the date of the exam,
- Being a citizen of the Republic of Turkey,
- Not to be deprived of public rights,
- To be sane,
- No military obligation
- Stated in the Civil Servants Law No. 657; Not be convicted of embezzlement, extortion, bribery, theft, fraud, forgery, breach of trust, fraudulent bankruptcy, bid rigging, rigging of performance, laundering or smuggling of property values arising from crime,
- Having worked as Assistant Tax Inspector for 3 years,
- To be promoted to tax inspectorate by taking the written and oral exams held by the Ministry
Required Qualities of Tax Inspector
Other qualifications of the tax inspector who are expected to have strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills are as follows;
- Being a good observer
- Ability to think independently and take initiative
- Demonstrating reliable personality traits,
- Having self-discipline and working detail-oriented,
- Have high written and verbal communication skills.
Tax Inspector Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work in and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 9.160 TL, the average 15.580 TL, and the highest 20.070 TL.