Prepared by GOOINN; The research report on the topics of "Foodtech as a rising ecosystem, the leading technologies of the sector and their usage areas, Foodtech examples from the world and Turkey, sustainable food, food and trends of the future" has been published...
The Research Center of GOOINN (Good Innovation), which prepares wide and comprehensive reports by examining the trend sectors of the world, has published the Foodtech Report, which reveals all the details that will increase the innovation and entrepreneurship competence in the field of foodtech.
GOOINN, which offers solution partnerships to corporate companies in transferring the competencies of the innovation culture and in-house entrepreneurship, announced the leading technologies and usage areas of the sector, examples of Foodtech from the world and Turkey, sustainable food, foods of the future and trends in the Foodtech report, which is a rising ecosystem.
Foodtech, known as food technologies; It is at an important point today, especially due to the climate crisis in the world, the epidemic experienced in recent years, logistics problems and many other reasons. For this reason, the need for reliable food, sustainable production, smart logistics systems and effective agricultural practices is increasing day by day. Therefore, the foodtech sector, which will meet this need, attracts a lot of attention. The industry uses cutting-edge technologies to develop, produce and distribute food products. There are also practices for the selection, storage, processing, packaging and use of safe foods. In addition, studies on the interactions of consumers with food have accelerated. kazanhe's eating.
According to the sectoral research report of GOOINN, studies and applications in the field of Foodtech are gathered in 8 main categories;
- Next Generation Food & Drinks (Next Gen Food & Drinks)
- Food Processing
- Food Delivery
- Kitchen & Restaurant Technology (Kitchen & Restaurant Tech)
- Consumer Apps & Services (Consumer Apps & Services)
- Food Safety and Traceability (Food Safety & Traceability)
- Surplus & Waste Management
FoodTech, which has a market of 2019 billion dollars in 220 and has become an interesting place around the world, is expected to reach 2027 billion dollars in 342. On the other hand, investments in the Foodtech field are increasing rapidly. In 2021, it is seen that the investments made in this field are more especially in Europe and the share of the ecosystem exceeds 20%.
Companies in the foodtech ecosystem use various technologies in 13 different areas
The research report compiled by GOOINN for companies that want to innovate in this field revealed that leading technologies in the Foodtech sector are used in 13 different areas.
Today, with food delivery applications, companies are shifting their focus from basic food delivery to food delivery at lower prices, while robots are used to deliver, cut, place, pack and preserve food. Technologies such as 3D printing technology, blockchain, high-pressure processing technology, pulsed electric field technology, cold plasma technology, big data analytics, nanotechnology applications, sensors and GPS, bioinformatics, cell-based food manufacturing technology, artificial intelligence and machine learning It is implemented by entrepreneurs using 13 different areas.
- Food Production and Processing: Use of technology in food production and processing; It enables more efficient and effective farming, harvesting, production and packaging methods. On the other hand, it helps prevent food poisoning.
- Food Retail: In food retail, mobile applications and online ordering applications are at the forefront. Thanks to these, consumers have more access to food than ever before.
- Food Delivery: Food delivery platforms are used for the deliveries of food. Consumers use these platforms to order from local or online food vendors.
- Food Logistics: By using blockchain and other emerging technologies, food suppliers and distributors can logistically track products from farm to consumer's table.
- Content Informatics: Companies use big data to create new content and to understand consumer behavior regarding food consumption.
- Food safety: Thanks to the technology used, companies can identify foods that are unsafe to consume.
- Product Packaging: Thanks to technology, innovative packaging solutions are developed and these solutions help to preserve the freshness of the products, extend the shelf life and prevent damage during transportation. In addition, it provides the production of packaging that does not cause pollution.
- Personalized Food: In particular, thanks to the artificial intelligence used, consumers are provided with personalized food services, from meal set delivery services to content recommendations.
- Diet Trackers: Thanks to the technology applied, it is possible to monitor what foods consumers eat and when. Thanks to this technological application, which is defined as a diet monitor, many data are obtained. Meal plans can be made in line with the data obtained from here, and consumers can be sure that they get all the nutrients they need.
- Food Sorting: Thanks to artificial intelligence applications, food photos can be used to sort the materials in it. In this way, consumers can be informed about substances that may harm them.
- Food Waste: Thanks to the developments in sensors and blockchain technologies, spoiled foods are automatically determined before they are sold, preventing waste. Thus, unsold products are saved.
- Food Matching: With the help of artificial intelligence, recipes can be suggested to consumers according to their food preferences.
- Personalized Nutrition Advice: Thanks to artificial intelligence, consumers can be given personalized nutritional advice.
Foodtech report also revealed the food of the future
According to studies, the leading foods of the future will consist of foods such as Algae, Beans and Other Legumes, Cacti, Cereals, Vegetable-like Fruits, Leaf Greens, Mushrooms, Nuts and Snacks, Root Vegetables, Tubers, Sprouting Plants, Jellyfish Chips and Salad.
2022 Foodtech trends
In the GOOINN Foodtech Report, where the 2022 trends of the Foodtech sector are examined in detail through examples, important trend headings are also conveyed.