The world's first solar-powered train started its 3 mileage in Australia.
Byron Bay Railroad Company began using the world's first solar powered train in Australia.
The world's first solar powered train started operating on the 3 km route in New South Wales in Byron Bay, Australia.
Byron Bay Railroad Company is working with some local companies to restore an old train and install solar panels on the ceiling. However, one of the original two diesel engines of the train was left as diesel in case of any mishap.
. We have found, restored and strengthened a 4.6 billion-year power supply “, said Jeremy Holmes, director of development at Byron Bay Railroad Company, the world's first solar-powered train project.
The round trip will be provided by the 30kWh battery with the panels on the roof of the electric train and the 77kW solar panels on the station which are required for one-day voyages.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Similar rail highway and ropeway news:
- Solar powered lighting disassembled due to tram project 01/04/2016 Solar-powered lighting was dismantled due to tram project: The solar-powered lighting poles recently laid by Mustafa Kemal Sahil Boulevard in Izmir were dismantled due to the tram project. Izmir's money went to waste The Izmir Metropolitan Municipality's public losses due to lack of coordination and planning were added to the public losses. 2015 solar lighting pole mounted on Mustafa Kemal Sahil Boulevard in August 245 is removed one by one by Metropolitan Municipality. The plan and project are replaced by the solar-powered lighting poles located on the route where the tram will be replaced many times. After the poles were put into service e
- Solar Powered Train Entered Service! 20/07/2017 Solar Powered Train Entered Service! Indian Railways is putting in a new project to reduce the carbon footprint of trains and create awareness. Indian Railways is putting in a new project to reduce the carbon footprint of trains and create awareness. Under the new project, the upper part of the train running on the railways is covered with solar panels, and the solar panels built on the top of the 20 horsepower train that will produce approximately 1600 kWh for the internal need of the train will produce electricity from the solar energy. The energy produced will be used in train operations such as lighting, door operation, checking passenger information. Also included in the battery pack…
- Cordless and Solar Powered Tram Exports from Denizli 21/10/2017 The company, established in Denizli by an electrician, sells electric and solar powered trams to 13 countries. Tahir Ozturk, the owner of the company operating in an industrial site in Merkezefendi district, told reporters that he has been working on electrical systems since 1986 and that they have developed electric buses before. In recent years, such as the site and park closed-circuit systems for the production of electric trolley Öztürk, explaining the power of the trams, US, UK, Albania, especially the 13 exported to the country said. "Last year the 150 bin to be the cordless train and other products"
- World's First Hydrogen Powered Train Launched 19/09/2018 The hydrogen fuel cell train developed by the French company Alstom was put into service in Germany. The train, which is seen as one of the public transportation vehicles of the future that started its journey in Europe, will be mass-produced in the medium term, and its energy of 81 million euros is planned to be taken from hydrogen. a system that converts hydrogen and oxygen into energy is used, and with the energy obtained, this train that can carry 14 passengers can speed up to 300 km per hour. Coradia iLint is also able to drive 140 to 600 mileage. Coradini to ...
- The world's first subway system from solar energy 09/06/2016 The world's first subway system, powered by solar energy: the Santiago Metro, where 2,5 a million people travel each day in Chile, will soon be operating with a great deal of renewable energy. The metro system, which will cover the 60 of its consumption with solar energy and the 18 with wind energy, is a candidate for being the first in the world. Atacama, the driest desert in the world, located in the north of Chile, will be used as a renewable energy source for the metro system of the country's capital, Santiago. The 650 megawatt solar power system, which will be located in the south of the Atacama desert about 100 km to the city, will transfer its production directly to the metro line. Covering solar panels with desert soil Güneş
- Europe's first LNG fuel train starts testing 17/01/2018 Spain's TSO Reganosa and state-owned high-speed rail operator, Renfe, launched a four-month test run of Europe's first LNG-fueled passenger trains running on liquefied natural gas (LNG) instead of fuel. The first LNG fuel train test voyages of Europe started with the opening ceremony of Íñigo de la Serna, Minister of Energy, Tourism and Digital Agenda Álvaro Nadal. Tests on the line between Mieres and Figaredo will analyze the possible environmental and economic advantages that natural gas can provide in railway transport using non-electric lines. Click to read more Source: www.enerjigunlugu.net
- One of the important solar market in the world will be Turkey 30/04/2014 One of the important solar market in the world will be Turkey: Yingli Solar Turkey Manager Ugur Kilic, Istanbul Clean Energy Days held at the Technical University in his speech at the 2014 conference, Yingli he sold a large part of the solar manufacturing to China, said recently in the US, Japan and he said Canada would be an important addition to Turkey's solar energy market in the country. Uğur Kılıç stated that in three R & D laboratories owned by Yingli Solar, they were working to increase the efficiency of solar panel cells and to reduce the costs in non-silicone raw materials despite the increase in raw material prices. Headquartered in China, 2012 and 2013 as the world market leader X
- World's first subway will make its first night expedition 20/08/2016 The world's first subway will make its first night-time expedition: the 153 annual subway in London, for the first time in its history, will serve two even 24 hours on weekends. The application, which will start on the Central and Victoria lines, will be extended to other routes in the fall. In London, the capital of England, the Central and Victoria lines from now on the weekends 24 hours will be organized. 153, the world's first subway, is the annual London subway, where the 2, including Central and Victoria, will start serving 24 hours over the weekend, midnight. The Mayor of London, Sadık Han, expressed his appreciation for the new voyages: "Metronun at night"
- The World's First Train to Go Without Machines 04/10/2017 One of the most established professions in the history of transportation, mechanics is history. After autonomous cars, the line came to the trains, which were the sole rulers of the railway. The world's largest train journey in Western Australia, the first train service without machinists took place. China-based mining company Rio Tinto began using the world's first fully-fledged autonomous train. The company is expected to enter a different sector with this activity outside the mining sector. The train has taken a historic step by transferring the load on a 100 kilometer road without a man in any car. Rio Tinto Chairman Chris Salisbury, Kurulu Long-term construction of future mines Rio
- Smart road dream using solar panels instead of asphalt is real 29/05/2014 The smart road dream using solar panels instead of asphalt is real: The Solar Roadways project started at the beginning of 2000 in the garages of Scott and Julie Brosaw, with the dream of replacing the asphalt roads of America with solar panels. After nearly 10 years of work in the garage where the couple turned into an electronic lab, Solar Roadways has become a project that attracted many agencies from Google to NASA. In order to find the necessary funds for the realization of the 21 Indiegogo campaign, which started in April, the 1 million dollars reached its target early on. To date, around a few thousand 1 million 400 thousand dollars collecting Solar Roadways will do a few N
- Solar powered bus from IETT 20/08/2015 bus powered by energy from the sun İETT: Istanbul Electricity Tramway and Tunnel Enterprises (IETT) Turkey's first solar-powered urban public transport buses developed by, he did the first time. Turkey's first solar-paneled public bus in Istanbul Electricity Tramway and Tunnel Enterprises (IETT) was placed in time developed by. The first project of the pilot project to save energy and fuel took place between Topkapı Eminönü. The bus attracts attention with its green features and has a total of 15 solar panels. The bus doesn't cause global warming because it doesn't release carbon dioxide because it produces renewable energy while saving battery. Environmentalist…
- ESHOTta solar energy period begins 18/09/2016 ESHOTta solar energy period begins: Izmir Metropolitan Municipality General Directorate of ESHOT establishes solar power plant to produce the energy it will use in workshops and stops. The solar-paneled bus stops will also take you to the city center for a short time. strengthen the transportation fleet with environmentally friendly and economical bus also prepared to establish Turkey's first electric bus fleet ESHOT Izmir Metropolitan Municipality Directorate-General, is launching a renewable energy revolution. ESHOT, which aims to save both carbon dioxide emissions and renewable energy by taking advantage of solar energy in almost every area it operates, went out to the tender for hem Solar Power Plant Faaliyet. Accordingly, ESHOT ES
- Solar energy revolution at ESHOT 25/04/2017 Solar energy revolution at ESHOT: The annual touchstone of city transportation, 74 ESHOT has added a new one to technology and environmental moves. Turkey's largest full-electric bus fleet establishing the İzmir Metropolitan Municipality, the electricity required for these tools that set the roof of their building in ESHOT workshop to meet the Buca 10 thousand solar thermal power plants with mxnumx'lik. İzmir Metropolitan Municipality, which has a special place among local administrations with the environmental investments it has put into practice, also has a ere green revolution ere in public transportation. The Metropolitan Municipality is trying to take steps to reduce the carbon emissions initiated by environmentalist ships and rail system projects such as tram, metro, suburban ...
- Solar Panels of SAMULAŞ Building Earned 130 Thousand Tl Per Year 13/10/2017 Samsun Metropolitan Municipality has been generating energy revenue of 130 thousand TL from solar panels installed on the roof of the rail system service building. Samsun Metropolitan Municipality directs renewable energy sources in energy consumption and produces electricity from solar energy. Within the scope of the X Renewable Financial Support Program ehir of the Central Black Sea Development Agency (OKA), Samsun Metropolitan Municipality, SAMULAŞ A.Ş. Thousands of photovoltaic panels (solar panels) were installed in the thousand 2 square meters of the roof of the Service Building. Thanks to 400-600 kW / h electrical energy generating system, 600 is worth TL thousand annually. This is the annual electricity consumption of the 650 household X
- Solar panels are multiplying, Izmir wins 06/11/2017 After the Menderes Treatment and ESHOT workshops, İzmir Metropolitan Municipality has transformed the roofs of the sports hall and parking areas in the park into an energy facility to meet the electricity needs of Ekrem Akurgal Yaşam Park. With the installed solar panels, 45 thousand kilowatt-hour electric energy was supplied in three months and 19 ton carbon dioxide emission was prevented. İzmir Metropolitan Municipality, which attaches importance to the use of renewable energy sources in order to create göster healthy cities kent, demonstrates the most concrete examples of environmental awareness with its solar energy system. Menderes Advanced Biological Wastewater Treatment Plant, solar energy in Ekrem Akurgal Life Park and ESHOT workshops M
- Solar Map of Turkey 29/04/2016
- From Solar Car Team to President Büyükerşen 19/07/2018 To promote the solar powered cars in Eskişehir, 23 students from Istanbul Technical University, Prof. Dr. They visited Yılmaz Büyükerşen. Istanbul Technical University, Control and Automation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, such as the 12 different students from different departments to come together and produce the Solar Car team, Canakkale and Bursa, then came to Eskişehir. Solar Car team plans to introduce toured several provinces in Turkey, Turkey's first indigenous car Revolution is Trolley is a special place for themselves in Eskişehir, where he produced, they said. Solar Car Team, ve From the understanding of modern and environmentalist urbanism Güneş
- ITU Solar Car Team at BTSO 20/07/2018 Bursa Chamber of Commerce and Industry hosted Istanbul Technical University Solar Car Team (ITU GAE). BCCI, they have developed a new generation of solar-powered vehicle "BOW İSTKA" years to introduce and Turkey were the guests of the tour in order to test out ITO DAE. Members of the BTSO Board of Directors Muhsin Koçaslan and Alparslan Şenocak accepted the visit. BTSO Board Members who received information from the team about the solar car then examined the vehicle with the students. İTUDER Bursa President Hasan Tuğcu was accompanied by İTÜ Solar Car Team during the visit. Muhsin Koçaslan, Member of the Board of Directors of BTSO Ç
- Ankara's Solar Car Passed Through the Metropolitan 23/07/2018 Istanbul Technical University (ITU) students, "Solar Car" they produced in the capital of Ankara Mayor Assoc. Dr. They visited Mustafa Tuna. Chairman of the Istanbul Technical University Association Association Serap Catalpinar and the board members as well as ITU students who hosted the President Tuna, Metropolitan Municipality in front of the test drive of the solar vehicle was followed. Project Manager Ömer Nezih Atalay and Team Leaders Mert Mutlu and Deniz Akgül stated that they completed their solar car with a team of 20 people in Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI). It is very powerful and ve
- Electricity from Solar Energy for Akçaray 25/07/2018 Kocaeli Metropolitan Municipality Transportation Park A.Ş. next to the bus station building the roof of the new service will be acquired for the tram system will be equipped with solar energy. To reduce the cost of energy, the system will produce 620 kilowatts of electricity per day for the tram. The tender of the project yesterday Transportation Park Inc. General Directorate has performed in the building. Muharrem Şahin, Financial Affairs Manager, was the Chairman of the tender. The cost 3 477 500 million 10 company file for the auction, but the 5 company file has been downloaded until the tender time 620 company offered the company. 5 KİLOVAT ENERGY PRODUCTION Transportation Park A.Ş. XNUMX thousand square meters on the General Directorate building Genel
- Tender Announcement: Solar Power Plant Installation 03/08/2018 Solar Power Plant Installation General Directorate of State Airports Authority (TCDD) 3. REGIONAL PURCHASE AND STOCK CONTROL SERVICE DIRECTOR The installation work of the SOLAR POWER PLANT INSTALLATION in 999 KWe POWER shall be tendered by open tender procedure in accordance with the article 4734 of the Public Procurement Law numbered 19. Detailed Information about the auction can be found down below. Tender Registration Number: 2018 / 386692 1-Administration a) Address: ATATURK CADDESI 121 / A ALSANCAK KONAK / İZMİR b) Telephone and fax number: 0 232 464 31 31 4921 0 232 464 @ outlook.com ç) Tender out
- 999 Solar Power Plant Installation at Kwe Power Tender Result 28/08/2018 Installation of the Solar Power Plant in the 999 Kwe Power Tender as a result of the tender Turkish State Railways Administration TCDD 3. 2018 / 386692 TL and 2.197.499,20 TL of the 5.493.748,26 TL 999 TL and the cost of 3 Kwe Power Solar Power Plant Installation of 6.874.776,00 TL, which is the cost of 1 / 999 TL. .ve San.A.Ş. company has won. The tender includes 90 XNUMX KWe Installed Landscaping, Networked Photovoltaic Solar Power Plant. The duration of the work is XNUMX UM
- ESHOT's Solar Power Plant Produced 1.5 Million KWh Energy 16/09/2018 Charging the "full electric" 20 bus, which it has added to its fleet last year, with its own energy, Izmir Metropolitan Municipality ESHOT General Directorate saved 13 thousand TL in a month. At the same time, ESHOT, which produces 722 million kWh energy, wins prizes one after another with this project. The project was awarded by the Healthy Cities Association following the International Association of Public Transporters (UITP). Izmir Metropolitan Municipality ESHOT General Directorate, which has taken a very important step in the name of environmentally friendly transportation by means of 1,5 pieces full electric bus it has added to its fleet, has also produced great savings by producing its own electricity. For new buses…
- Japanese delegation visits ESHOT's solar power plant 30/10/2018 In order to recognize the investment environment in the city, the Japanese delegation visited the solar power plant built by the Metropolitan Municipality on the roof of ESHOT workshops for electric buses. With the organization of Izmir Development Agency and Zafer Development Agency, Japanese investors visited Izmir to examine the electric bus project carried out by the Metropolitan Municipality and the solar energy system supporting this project in order to reduce the carbon emissions in the city. J
- Süreyya Güneş Kindergarten Traffic Lessons 27/12/2018 The Metropolitan Municipality of Kahramanmaraş Traffic Management Center was visited by small visitors. The Traffic Management Center, which is in the service of Kahramanmaraş Metropolitan Municipality Transportation Department, was visited by Süreyya Güneş Kindergarten students. Yusuf Deliktaş, Head of Transportation Services Department, told about the traffic flow in our city by giving information about the operation of Traffic Management Center. Then, Deliktaş, Head of Department, told the tiny visitors to the Public Transport Management Center that they provide information about the working systems of the public transportation vehicles and controls, and that the public transportation vehicles are monitored. The little visitors who are quite satisfied with the traffic education they received are the Head of Transportation Services Department Al