Uludag Ski Lift Expeditions Due to Heavy Snowfall Cancellation: Snow thickness at the major centers of winter tourism has reached 3 meters 30 centimeters. Due to the dense type and snow, ski slopes were closed and the cable cars running up to the Hotel Zone were canceled. Uludag snow depth reached the most important ski centers in Turkey 3 30 meters centimeters. At the summit under the influence of heavy snowfall and type, holidaymakers have had a hard time from time to time. Due to the type of the ski slopes could not be made, holidaymakers could not go out of hotels. In Uludağ, the air temperature dropped to minus 6 creek. Gendarmerie traffic teams did not allow unscheduled vehicles to exit Uludag.
On the other hand, snow and type also affected the ropeway. Due to the snow and the type of cable car services to Uludag could not be made. Climbers climbing to the top of the storm took shelter in a snow-covered shed.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Related Transportation News
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- İZBAN flights halted due to snowfall 03/02/2012 The Karyagish had a negative impact on IZBAN flights. TCDD train from the direction of Gaziemir to Basmane, failure in the common used İZBAN line. In addition, the falling snow, rail scissors in the freezing and signaling system has caused failures. TCDD had to put an additional train on the line to take the failed train. This situation caused floods in İZBAN flights. In the case of a state of emergency, which lasted for about two hours, İZBAN worked in a single line in the direction of the South. There were delays near the 40. Source: Nationality
- Uludağ ropeway stops due to wind 20/04/2017 Uludağ ropeway stops due to wind: Bursa Teleferik Inc., which has reached the peak of 500 passengers per hour with its 176 cabins, said: Thank you for your understanding. The important center of winter tourism is the lodos in Uludag, which has an altitude of 20 meters. The cable car services that carry passengers up to the area have also been canceled due to lodos. The effect of lodos is felt even more in Bursa especially in high places.
- Heavy Snowfall Continues in Kartepe Ski Center 08/12/2013 Heavy Snowfall in Kartepe Ski Center Continues: Kartepe district of Kocaeli, which is the highest peak of the region's thousand 850 meter altitude at the summit of Kartepe snowfall continues intensively. Kartepe Ski Center temperature -4 degree of snowfall in the region with the decrease in severity has increased. While the temperature at the sea level was 3, the decrease of the temperature to -4 in Kartepe caused the 4-5 cm to be in snow thickness in places. Tourism employees were delighted with the weather, but the citizens who wanted to see the opportunity to see the weekend flocked to the summit. The hotel officials stated that the occupancy rate is 95, while the Otel
- Heavy Snowfall in Erciyes Ski Resort 17/02/2014 Heavy Snow Erciyes Ski Center: Turkey's major ski resorts in the Erciyes snow depth on the runway after the snowfall started in the afternoon rose to 80 centimeters. Metropolitan Municipality Erciyes Inc. Chairman of the Board of Directors Murat Cahid Cıngı, AA correspondent, said in Erciyes about an hour of snowfall is effective, he said. Cıngı, in a period of arid snowfall in terms of tourism as "drug" by expressing that "We did not expect snowfall during this period. The snow thickness on the tracks was 70 centimeters. 10 more snow until the centimeter and snow thickness increased to 80 centimeters. more…
- Nostalgic Tram Running on Bursa Cumhuriyet Street, continued to carry passengers despite heavy snowfall. 17/02/2012 Heavy snowfall that has been effective since last night in Bursa has a negative impact on life in the city center. In the city center where snow thickness increased to 25 centimeters, drivers and citizens were caught unprepared for snowfall. The closed village of 88, which is closed in Bursa, is being tried to be opened by Special Administration teams. The nostalgic tram, which runs between Cumhuriyet Caddesi and Davutkadı, continued without any break despite snowfall. The snowfall began last night, the city's historical beauties to white. Bursalılar in the morning hours were caught unprepared for snowfall. Especially the citizens sitting in the upper parts of the city could not remove their vehicles. The drivers who left the chain had a hard time. Zincir
- Heavy snowfall traffic in Istanbul has a hard time (Video) 11/12/2013 Heavy snowfall in Istanbul had a hard time with traffic: the expected snowfall in Istanbul for the last few days began to show the effects of yesterday evening. Early in the morning to go to work for citizens who had a hard time due to heavy snowfall. Many of the citizens who took into account the warnings made by the authorities from the beginning of the week have used public transport instead of private vehicles. In traffic, there was intensity at certain points. Municipal teams, the citizens of the intensive use of pavements and overpasses are also constantly doing salting work. At some metrobus stops, there was occasional intensity. Indicating that the measures taken are Alın
- Heavy snowfall on Bolu Mountain affects transportation 05/01/2015 Heavy snowfall in Bolu Mountain affects the transportation: Snowfall in the passages of Bolu Mountain adversely affect transportation, while highways teams made snow shoveling and salting work on the routes. The snow started last night was effective until the morning hours. Transportation has slowed due to snowfall on Bolu Mountain's TEM Highway and D-100 Highway crossings. While snowfall was effective on the ground, highways teams made snow shoveling and salting work on the routes. D-100 Highway Bolu Mountain crossing especially after the heavy snowfall in the Karanlıkdere and Seymenler district, long vehicle convoys were formed due to the work of the highways teams. Three vehicles from the highway side Kar
- Heavy snowfall on Bolu Mountain affects transportation 17/02/2015 Heavy snowfall in Bolu Mountain affects transportation: snowfall which is effective from the morning hours on Bolu Mountain affects transportation negatively. In order to keep the roads open for transportation, the snow shoveling and salting works continue uninterruptedly. On the D-100 Highway and TEM Motorway passes of Bolu Mountain, snow continued to increase in the morning. Flaky snow has affected transportation. Due to snow falling and snow-covered ground due to snowfall, vehicles had to slow down. D-100 highway's Karanlıkdere and Seymenler location and TEM Highway Bolu Mountain Tunnel is effective in the snowfall X
- Neighborhood Roads Opened In Heavy Snow In Bursa 26/12/2018 Bursa Metropolitan Municipality Directorate of Transportation Departments, 17 in the district as part of the snow-fighting activities throughout the day to close the road to the opening of the 75 neighborhood, there is still a closed neighborhood road. While the snowfall began to show its effect in the city center, Directorate of Road Affairs Directorate of Road Works intervened in the snow-covered 138 neighborhood road with its 316 vehicles and 75 personnel. Within the scope of the studies, 7 in Büyükorhan, 9 in İnegöl, 17 in Keles, 15 in Kestel, 18 in Orhaneli, 6 in Osmangazi and 3 in Yenişehir were opened to traffic. While there is still no closed neighborhood road, the teams continue to,
- Uludağ Cable Car Breaks Interrupted Due to Maintenance 07/05/2019 Türkiyenin'n one of the most important winter tourism centers and nature who will get the warning came to Uludag by cable car. Bursa-Uludag, which provides the alternative transportation of the cable car line maintenance services will be done for a month due to breaks. Turkey's Uludag by cable car who will be warning came one of the most important winter tourism centers and nature. It was announced that the ropeway line, which provides alternative transportation between the city center and Uludağ, was taken care of. 140 passenger with a capacity of one thousand 500 per hour, 9 kilometers with the world's longest cable car line in the written statement made by Bursa Teleferik AS, "In order to serve our valued guests better."