The length of the subway, which was built in 2008 and served between Kadıköy and Kartal, is approximately 22,7 km and has 16 passenger station. There are Maltepe and Nursing Home Stations on the line and Maltepe Warehouse and Maintenance Workshop located on the coastline of the mainland. The whole line is 100 percent underground, including the Maltepe Warehouse and Maintenance Workshop.
With the increase in exploration, tunnels up to Kaynarca were opened with TBM, and construction and electromechanical works along with the Kartal-Kaynarca tender will reach 26,5 km and the number of stations will reach 19.
- Kadıköy Station - City Lines and IDO Line
- Kadıköy Station - Moda Nostalgic Tram Line
- Ayrılık Çeşme - Marmaray Line
- Ünalan Station - Metrobüs Line
Kadıköy, Ayrılıkçeşme, Acıbadem, Ünalan, Göztepe, Yenisahra, Kozyatağı, Bostancı, Küçükyalı, Maltepe, Nursing Home, Gülsuyu, Esenkent, Hospital / Courthouse, Soğanlık, Kartal
Kadikoy-Kartal Between 1.Etap Construction Works
- The contractor: Yapı Merkezi-Doğuş-Yüksel-Yenigün-Belen Construction Joint Venture
- Scope of 1. 9 km between Kadıköy and Kozyatağı.
- Tender Price: 139.574.679,63 $ + VAT
- 2. Discovery Cost: 181.447.083,52 $ + VAT
- Tender Date: 30.12.2004
- Date of contract: 28.01.2005
- Date of start: 11.02.2005
The work could not be completed and re-tender.
Kadikoy-Kartal Metro Supply Construction and Electro-Mechanical Systems Supply, Installation and Commissioning
- The contractor: Astaldi N Makyol Uzun Gulermak Joint Venture Route Length: 21.663 m
- Total Single Line Tunnel Size: 43.326 m
- Number of Passenger Stations: 16
- Stations (respectively): Kadıköy, Ayrılıkçeşme, Acıbadem, Ünalan, Göztepe, Yenisahra, Kozyatağı, Bostancı, Küçükyalı, Maltepe, Nursing Home, Gülsuyu, Esenkent, Hospital / Courthouse, Soğanlık, Kartal
- Tender Price: 751.256.042,50 € + VAT
- Tender Date: 14.01.2008
- Date of contract: 06.03.2008
- Date of start: 21.03.2008
- Completion of tunnels: October 2011
- Turn on all the signal system: March 2012
- Starting the trial: 8.May 2012
- Manufacturer: CAF (Spain)
- Train Type: 4 vehicle (3 part motor, 1 carrier)
- Traction Motors: 4 pole AC motors
- Train Length: 89,71 m
- Vehicle Height: 3,5 m
- Vehicle Width: 3 m
- Power Supply: 1500 V DC (Catenary)
- DC Supply (Battery): 110 V DC
- Number of Vehicles: 144 (120 + 24) (20 with additional 24 discovery)
- Tender Date: 14.07.2009
- Contract Date: 09.09.2009
- Start Date: 28.09.2009
- Price: 138.739.027 € / 120 Vehicle (1,156,000 Euro / Vehicle)
- Date of arrival of the first series: 11.01.2011
- The date of the first vehicle on the rail: 27.01.2011
- First train type test date: 11-16.04.2011
- Number of train descending train: 17.tren
- 20 06.04.2012 6 with additional XNUMX train
- Delivery date of the last train (36.): 31.08.2012
Drivers via the TCMS (Train Control and Monitoring System) interface at each 2 end of the trains; In the first part of the train, it is possible to monitor all sub-systems such as doors, drive system, brake system, tension force, driving mode, speed information.
Thus, drivers can easily diagnose all abnormalities in the system, all events and all failures under operation.
With the TCMS intelligent monitoring system, it is possible to determine a possible serious problem in advance and to take the train out of service as soon as possible and to avoid the victimization of the traveling passenger.
- Line Length: 22,7 Km
- Total Number of Stations: 16
- Number of stations to be opened to passengers in the first phase: 15 (Ayrılıkçeşme Station will be opened in October 2013 with Marmaray)
- Number of Cars: 144 (36 train with 4 units)
- Duration: 29 min
- Full lap time: 64 is min.
- Maximum Operating Speed: 80km / h
- Operating Hours: 06: 00 & 24: 00
- Daily Passenger carrying capacity: 70.000 Passenger / hour (design capacity)
- Minimum Trip Frequency: 90 sec (theoretical) 120 sec (practical)
- Expedition Time: Peak time, 4 min (time interval to start)
- Command Center: At Esenkent Station
- Line Voltage: 1500 V DC
- Driving Mode: ATO
Control Center: The main control center (OCC), Traffic and Depot, SCADA and ECS, Communication, and Supervisor sessions at Esenkent Station are included.
Operating 7 / 24: The Control Center is mainly used for daytime operation, 01: 00 to 05: 00 hours to assist maintenance personnel and to make plans and preparations for the next day.
Business Modes: Driverless, Automatic and Manual
- Total 52 Input
- 264 Pieces Escalator
- 70 Piece Elevator
- 315 Turnstile (29 Disabled)
The platform lengths are made as 180 m in the stations and are prepared in accordance with 8 trains. Bostanci Station has a third middle platform to allow for alternative services and to provide a backup train. The 4 train length is approximately 90 mt and trains run by centering the platform with 4 trains.
Station Structure: In all of the stations, a separate platform was used.
Max. Depth: 40 mt. (Bostancı and Retirement Home Stations)
Min. Depth: 28 mt. (Ayrılıkçeşme and Hospital - Courthouse Stations)
Mobile Lines : 3 Mobile line, 1 middle peron (Bostanci) to the main line at the total 4 point can be created waiting for trains.
Tunnel Method: Kadikoy - Kozyatagi and Kartal - Kaynarca TBM Kozyatagi to Kartal NATM
Rail Type: 54 kg / m UIC 54 (54E1) WITH CROSS
Rail Clearance: 1435 mm
Max. Slope: % 4 (outline)
Number of Scissors: 42 Outline, 12 Warehouse and Workshop, 3 pieces Cruiser
Scissor Type: R: 300 m 1 / 9 type (Main line), R: 100 m 1 / 6 type (Workshop and Warehouse)
Maltepe Warehouse and Maintenance Workshop:
Storage Capacity: 52 car (13 train)
Workshop Capacity: 16 vehicle (Periodic Maintenance Area), 16 vehicle (Heavy Maintenance Area) total 32 vehicle
Workshop Equipment: Wheel lathe, bogi drop table, automatic car wash unit, paint shop and bogi washing room, bogi workshop, pneumatic maintenance workshop, electrical workshop, coupling-pantograph maintenance workshop, traveling gantry crane, jib cranes, hydraulic press, bogie manipulator mainly.
Smoke and passenger evacuation scenarios were prepared for all possible negative situations in Kadıköy - Kartal Metro and tested by making simulations about these scenarios. The system is continuously monitored and controlled by the total 831 camera in the stations.
The signaling of the line and the storage area has a continuous communication-based Motion Block system. The signaling system is Thales CBTC system and the trains are able to operate without driver. Since trains are equipped with a mechanic's cab, and there is no operating mode without a driver, there are no trains on the trains. However, in cases where the passenger is not present (empty train is sent to the parking zone or warehouse area or from the warehouse and parking area to any part of the main line), it is possible to use completely without driver.
All the equipment used in the subway are selected from materials that are highly resistant to heat and do not emit toxic gases. There is a reliable smoke control and evacuation system, which is fully compliant with NFPA standards, which is fully proven to be safe for people to evacuate in case of fire.
The energy supply of the whole system at Kadıköy - Kartal Metro is made from a separate point 3. The OG ring is the 34,5 kV system. If all three feed points are disabled, the 2 generators can be activated and all the trains within the tunnel are transported one by one to the nearest station. When the generators are switched on, the supply of essential loads in the station continues. Essential loads must be disabled for this. In case the power supplies are interrupted and the generators fail and fail, the lighting system and electronic control systems can be supplied by means of uninterruptible power supplies for 3 hours.